Friday, April 8, 2011

So, we've done something... (yay!)

Last night was amazing. Just shows- you can have fun without alcohol. I'm not saying we didnt have caffein (lots of it) (: , but we were absolut(ly) sober. After my extreme brainstorming in my last post i didn't really come up with anything. At all. So, today i figured we needed something pronto.


So yesterday I left my group doing the analysis and I took some time out with my aMazing iPod to think. Selfish as it may seem, I took time out 'for the greater good'. I had to think of a campaign and could only do it while listening to the ultimate band: Billy Talent. Armed with a pen and lots of paper my mind's cogs started whirring. *whir-whir* :)


After repeatedly smirking to myself, crossing out a lot of things and finally getting the plot, I was content with the result. When I got my groups' attention, evertbody was happy with the rough sketch of our two groups advertisements: a radio ad and a television ad.


We decided to do the radio advert as we had everything we needed right there. The television ad - well, we needed alcohol for that one. No, really. After choosing the necessary background music (which lead to kareoke, obviously) and equipping ourselves with the sound devices (we decided to add the sound in while recording, not editing it in later) we went into the recording room (saarah's TV room). We played around with the different sounds a lot, as we wanted to create the right atmosphere of a sophisticated club using sounds of laughter, pouring drinks and glasses clinking. We then had to decide on which recording device was the best - which proved to be my aMazing iPod. We took about 50 takes of the same recording and then decided that we needed to change the song! *sigh* Indecisive much?


But finally, at four in the morning, we completed the advertisement and, to tell you the truth, it was really good. By then we had tons of bloopers and were pretty tired.


Well, at least we have one ad and the analysis down. Lots still to go. But right now: I'm going to sleep. Or at least try.


xoxo Laylah

No comments:

Post a Comment