Saturday, April 9, 2011

Absolut Finish (did you hear that?- FINISH!!) (:

Ok, well not really... but we will be soon...


The radio advert is recorded. An advert has been analysed. We planned our Group Presentation. The television ad has been shot. And now I have to just organize my own part on the oral (Johnnie keeps walking: walking Johnnie!) and do my individual magazine ad. The long process of 'Taking advertising seriously' is complete.


After two sleepovers (more like: lets-stay-awake-the-entire-night over) and tough brain storming sessions (yes, that is what i call them :), we are content with our fabulous result. Along the way we learnt lots, critisized, analysed and made or own advertisements, trashed saarah's house more than once (sorry saarah) and not surprisingly, grew closer as friends. We also took lots of pics, some more embarassing than others.


The funny thing is that we are not actually finished with 'taking advertsing seriously'. Now every advertisement we see - be it about alcohol or not - won't go without us thinking of the underlying message of the advert, what the product is, what techniques is being used to get our attention and most importantly: is it effective? Now don't get me wrong. I'm not going to study each and every advert I see in magazines or on television, but I am going to think twice before being gulible enough in believing everything that the media tells me.


I would like to end my last post with something I said in my first one. Wait, let me quote it.

" I have a really brilliant team: R, S, K and H. I am reall eager to work with them, knowing our final presentation will be amazing"

Turns out I do have a brilliant team (lurve you guys :) and working with them was Absolut Fun. And guess what? Our final presentaion is amazing and awesome and creative and... lots of other cool adjectives. (see how tired I am? I can't even think of the right words).


For now it's peace out from me, Laylah (as this is officially my tenth blog!!!!) and I will be tying up the loose ends of my side of the project.


P.S: I can't say thank-you enough to the parents who drove us up and down, provided us with information over the phone (and from files), feed us when we were hungry and finally, provided the props and clothes we needed for the adverts. Your support and patience is really appreciated.


P.P.S: Let us not forget the wonderful family (who just so happens to be saarah's neighbours) that helped make our television ad possible. It was a pleasure filming in your lovely home. xxx


Bye bye, now

No comments:

Post a Comment